Want to know what my absolute favorite kitchen utensil is right now? The KitchenAid Shredding attachment – it does course shreds, fine shreds, and slices. It makes grating cheese, carrots, and cucumbers a legitimate breeze, and I don’t know how I left it in the box for as long as I did!!!! In fact, it was INSTRUMENTAL not in the making of the soup recipe I’ve included below, but rather, it did take the grilled cheese I paired with it to a whole new level! Parmesan, Gruyere, White Cheddar, Yellow Cheddar. All between two buttered and flattop grilled pieces of bread?! If you’re not drooling, then I’m not doing my job and I’ll just retire here and now.
ANYWAY, this recipe is super simple (and I feel like I say that about a lot of the recipes I try and tweak and adjust to suit my needs, but this is absolutely true), and it makes the kitchen smell absolutely outstanding! I know we’re starting to broach into the warmer weather, but I am a firm believer that there is never a wrong time for grilled cheese and tomato soup.
Hoping all of you reading this are staying safe and well!
— Cooking Maggie
Roasted Garlic Tomato Soup
- Olive Oil
- 2 pints of cherry tomatoes, kept whole
- 1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic heads, sliced crosswise into top and bottom half
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 bunch thyme
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 480°F.
- In a baking dish, drizzle some olive oil. Add in the onion, garlic (cut sides down), basil, thyme, and tomatoes. Add more olive oil on top and a healthy sprinkle of salt and pepper all over.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, until tomatoes are slightly charred.
- Let cool for 5-7 minutes, then remove and discard the thyme. Add everything to a blender, along with the cream and stock, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper as needed. Serve with yummy grilled cheeses or warm French bread.
One Comment Add yours