I know it’s spring time, but I have ANOTHER SOUP!! I don’t know why, but I have been seriously soup obsessed, and given a lot of times I make a couple new things every week, we’re just on backlog now. This one was really easy to make, can be totally vegetarian (skip the bacon), and pairs fantastically with buttery biscuits. So easy and frankly, uses one of my favorite and frankly totally underrated ingredients: creamed corn! There’s something super homey and comforting about creamed corn, and while you can absolutely take the time to make it yourself, I find the canned version to be a lot faster and just as tasty!!
P.S. Don’t forget that you can order cookies from me directly from my Cookie Order Page on this very same blog! (Yes, shameless plug, but I need to keep pushing it!)
Hoping you are safe and well!
— Cooking Maggie
Creamed Corn & Potato Chowder
- 4 strips of bacon, chopped
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans of creamed corn
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes, cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced thinly
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional for serving: Biscuits
- In a large pot, cook the bacon until crispy (just before it looks like it’s going to turn/burn). Remove the bacon from the pot onto a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- In the same pot, add the chicken broth, garlic, creamed corn, potatoes and 2/3 of the green onions to the pot. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are tender but not mushy.
- Blend about 1/2 of the soup in a blender until nice and creamy (let cool slightly before blending, though I like to live a little dangerously and put a towel over the top and wear oven gloves). Add the pureed soup back to the pot and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crumble the bacon and add it to the soup along with some of the remaining green onion, and stir until warmed through. Then EAT AND ENJOY!!!