Over Thanksgiving, my mom whipped up one of her go-to salad’s with one of my favorite dressings, SO to keep things nice and short, SEE BELOW!!! It’s fast, easy, but the dressing is why you make this. It’s the best! The recipe is an old Sur La Table recipe that my mom was smart and printed out, and I’m now bringing it to you! May this fill your lunch with a little extra ZING!
Hoping you are safe and well!
— Cooking Maggie
Butter Lettuce Salad and Mama Sully’s Dressing
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp salt (more to taste)
- 8 turns of fresh cracked black pepper OR 1/8 tsp ground black
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1-2 cups butter lettuce, chopped to bite sized pieces (for salad, you know?)
- 1 can tangerines or mandarins, drained of the juice, and a few of them chopped
- 1/2 avocado, diced/chopped (depending on the size you like)
- 1 mini cucumber, chopped
- Nuts for topping: shaved/chopped almonds, pine nuts, etc.
- In a small bowl (or a dressing bottle if you have one), add all dressing ingredients and mix together. Set aside, but be ready to mix again if everything starts to separate prior to serving.
- Place chopped butter lettuce into your various bowls. Top each salad with the avocado, mandarin pieces, cucmber, and nuts. Remix the dressing if needed, and top each bowl with desired amount of dressing. Add more cracked black pepper if wanted, and enjoy!