Well this is exciting news!! I AM NOW OFFERING CHOCOLATE SUGAR COOKIES!! These little babies basically taste like a brownie, and I can confirm, they are delicious! So today, I’m sharing the recipe! And unlike some of my fellow cookiers, I am not charging you for it. Yeah…people do that…and I get it, you know, protect your business, but at the same time…it’s a cookie recipe, and if this gets you, my readers, to try making your own cookies, then I call that a win! So here’s me hoping you give this a try!!
Don’t forget to try the Royal Icing recipe too!!!
Hoping you are all well & safe.
— Cooking Maggie
Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- 2 sticks room temperature butter
- 140 grams packed brown sugar
- 200 grams granulated sugar
- 1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 70 grams dark baking cocoa powder
- 430 grams all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter and sugars until fluffy, scrape down the bowl once.
- In a small dish beat the eggs and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Gradually add egg mixture into the butter mixture, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gradually add in dry ingredients on low speed.
- Roll dough between 2 pieces of parchment paper to 1/4″ thick, cut out cookies, and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes for 3-4″ cookies, or 6-7 minutes for smaller cookies.