I hope you’re all staying warm and cozy as things continue to stay cold and frosty! This recipe is definitely one to warm you up right quick! It’s another dish I usually miss around this time, and being able to make it in the instant pot was just perfect for a quick turnaround meal!
Hoping all of you reading this are staying safe and well!
— Cooking Maggie
Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 cup lentils
- 2 tsp ghee (or coconut oil)
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 cups + 2 tbsp water
- Optional: 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- Soak the lentils in cold water for 15 minutes, then drain them.
- In your instant pot, select Sauté, and after a couple minutes add in the ghee. Once melted, add in the onions and cook till translucent for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, ginger, and spices, and cook for 60 to 90 seconds, stirring frequently until fragrant. Pour in the 2 tablespoons of water, and stir to incorporate.
- Select cancel, pour in the remaining 2 3/4 cups of water and lentils, stir to combine well, then put the lid on.
- Set the pressure release to sealing, then select Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and set the cook time to 10 minutes. Once complete, let it do a slow release for 10 minutes, then switch the valve to quick release. Once depressurized, open the lid, and serve with white rice, OR add in a couple of tablespoons of greek yogurt to give it a creamy factor!