Man oh man, this month is flying by and I’m so very excited that soon we will be moving into our home! March 26th is the move in date, and as a result, I’ve had to put cookie baking on a back burner until we’re all moved in and unpacked. However, April will be full of baking and I just can’t wait! I’m looking into maybe hosting some cookie classes or take home cookie decorating kits for the summer time! Local pick-ups only for those, but you know, anything could happen, right? You can check out my Instagram (@therealcookingmaggie) or all the latest updates for the shop, as well as all the renovation updates on the house! Our fence will be the next big project for us so that Tuggs can really enjoy his yard (because lets be honest, the yard was really just for him).
Now, onto this week’s recipe! Looking for a really easy weekday meal? Then look no further! Seriously, there isn’t really much I can say except that this garlic butter chicken is so easy to throw together at the last minute with some veggies (we always love making the Addictive Asparagus) and wild/brown rice, and the flavor packs a punch! Plus, how can you not like anything with butter in it!? YUM!!!
Hoping all of you reading this are staying safe and well!
— Cooking Maggie
Garlic Butter Chicken
Ingredients – Serves 4
- 4 thin-cut chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- Position rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 425F.
- Combine the spices & oil into a large bowl, then add in chicken. Coat the chicken thoroughly. Then in an oven-proof skillet (OR if you don’t have an oven proof skillet, a regular skillet is totally fine) sear the chicken on both sides over medium heat for 1-2 minutes each side. If you have an oven-proof skillet, simply pull the pan off the heat, or if not, move the chicken to a baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave (or small saucepan as I will have to do since our home does not have a microwave, lol) add all the garlic butter ingredients. When butter has totally melted, stir to combine fully, then pull out of the microwave (or off the heat) and pour over the chicken.
- Put the skillet/baking dish into the over for 10-14 minutes (internal temp needs to reach 165F). Once cooked, let the chicken rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Suggested sides: Wild Rice & Addictive Asparagus!