Does anyone remember the white cheddar broccoli cheese soup at Cheesecake Factory? No? Maybe? I mean…I sure do, and that was one of my absolute FAVORITE soups, but come on, let’s be real. Who doesn’t like Broccoli Cheese Soup!?!? That’s what I thought! Well, again (I swear, my coworkers are on fire with this cooking business during remote working) below is another adapted recipe that also brings in my favorite cheese!! ENJOY AND STAY WARM!!!
Hoping all of you reading this are staying safe and well!
— Cooking Maggie
Instantpot Broccoli & White Cheddar Cheese Soup
Ingredients – Serves 6
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 1 sweet or white onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 32oz carton of bone broth
- 7 cups broccoli, chopped into small pieces (5 crowns)
- 1 extra cup to steam for topping
- 1 cup matchstick carrots (buy a bag of the pre-chopped ones)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup cream (or half-and-half if you want a lighter version)
- 1-2 8oz bag of grated white cheddar cheese (depending on how much cheese you like)
- Select sauté and let it heat up for a couple of minutes. Add the ghee/butter and onion. Cook for around 3-4 minutes. Then add the garlic and stir well for a minute.
- Stir in the bone broth, broccoli, carrots, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid in place with the vent sealed and set the high-pressure setting for 1 minute.
- When done, do a quick pressure release. Carefully remove the lid once hte valve has dropped.
- Using an emersion blender, or a stand blender, take out 2-3 scoops and blend briefly. Pour back into the pot.
- In a small bowl mix together the corn starch and cold water until smooth.
- Select sauté again and slowly add the corn starch, stirring until the soup simmers and thickens.
- Turn off the pressure cooker, but leave the inner pot inside. Slowly stir in the cream or half-and-half, then add the cheese a handful at a time and stir until it melts.
- Do a taste test and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with extra steamed broccoli pieces, garlic bread, regular crusty bread, or croutons.