I’m reposting this cookie recipe, which I just made recently for the two men while we were in-law-less this week, and I realized…I may have misprinted the recipe and needed to redig for it. SO I DID and I was WAY off…so I have adjusted the recipe and NOW it should be correct. Man oh man, what was I thinking?!?! Hoping you all are staying well and healthy.
— Cooking Maggie
Momma’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (softened or straight from the fridge – does not matter!)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups oatmeal, slightly ground up
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Preheat your over to 375°F. Prepare your baking sheets with either parchment paper, or silicone pads.
- Put your oats in a processor/blender until slightly ground up (2-3 minutes). Add to a bowl along with the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well, set aside.
- In a stand mixer (or bowl with hand mixer) cream together butter & sugars.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing just till incorporated, then add the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry to the wet just a little at a time until fully incorporated.
- Add in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop 3 tablespoons (1.5 oz) and work into balls on your sheets (about 1-2 inches between each ball). NO MORE THAN 9 BALLS PER SHEET! For thicker cookies, chill the balls for 60 minutes in the fridge. For thinner cookies, bake as is.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies rest on cookie sheet until completely cool (I even let them sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes, then let them set out over night). Then ENJOY!