Broiled Chicken Kebabs, Tzatziki, & Dill Rice
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest and Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Wooden skewers
- 1/2 cucumber, grated & drained
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp fresh dill leaves
- 1/8 tsp cayanne
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried dill
- Juice and zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups water
- Mix all pieces of chicken & spices in a bowl – let sit and marinade for 20-30 minutes.
- Turn your broiler to high (Note: KEEP YOUR OVEN DOOR and/or BROILER DOOR OPEN IF USING A BOTTOM BROILER! Will ensure your broiler stays on!) Cover a baking sheet in aluminum for easy clean up!
- Skewer about 5-6 pieces of chicken onto a skewer until you are out of chicken, and place on baking sheet.
- Cook chicken, about 8-10 minutes depending on your broiler – turn the skewers every 2-3 minutes for even browning! Serve with pita (mine is store bought), dill rice, and tzatziki sauce!
- Grate the cucumber and let sit to drain – you can also place the cucumber in a few layers of paper towel and squeeze out the water that way too.
- In a bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients together, then store in the fridge until ready to use.
- Wash your rice in a sieve until the water runs through it clean. (This will ensure no sticky/gummy rice!!!)
- Heat oil in a saucepan – add in onion until translucent, then add garlic for 1 minute.
- Add in rice, stirring constantly for 1 minute, then add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer, and cook until all liquid is absorbed. Let sit in the pan for 3-4 minutes, then fluff with a fork.