- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 cup of amber/session beer
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 3 chipotle chili peppers in adobo, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
- 4 buns
- Optional Toppings: Guacamole, Chihuahua Cheese or Shredded Cheddar cheese, sliced jalapeno
- Cook the beef in a large pan over medium heat and set aside.
- Leaving some of the fat and juice in the pan, add the onions, bell pepper, and jalapeno peppers. Cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cumin and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the beer and bring to a boil. Add beef, tomato sauce, chipotle chili peppers in adobo, oregano, paprika, cayenne, Worcestershire, and tomato paste. Bring to a boil, then turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix in the lime juice and cilantro.
- Serve in buns (or chips for Nachos!!!) with guacamole and cheese. For nachos, throw on some sour cream, Queso Blanco, and diced tomatoes!