- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 200g light brown sugar
- 75g granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 420g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-2 packets of M&Ms (a little over 1 cup, which is what I would start with, and then add more if you want)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and sugars in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and mix until combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until combined. Fold in the M&Ms (and chocolate chips if using).
- Using a 1.5 oz cookie scoop (3 tbsp), scoop cookie dough onto the baking sheets about 2 inches apart. You can add some M&Ms on top for show!
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (just until the sides and tops are starting to brown). Allow cookies to cool on pan before moving them to a cooling rack OR let them cool for about 2-3 minutes on the pan and then transfer to a cooling rack and into the fridge to cool off!