HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! I hope everyone had a blast ringing in 2019 with friends and/or family, whether you went out or stayed in, which is what Frankie & I did so I could make these delicious treats! YUM!
I am definitely working on being able to make more than just corgi cookies, but one step at a time! I’m still trying to figure a lot of this out, so no doubt I will have more cookie posts to share as the year progresses! And just a few days prior to the new year, I decided to upgrade my lightbox because I wasn’t getting the exact lighting that I wanted, so I went all-in a bought a less expensive, but better-suited lightbox that can completely fold in on itself for easy transportation! I mean, you can’t get any better than that can you?! I’m really excited and thrilled with how the photos are turning out, so I wanted to share the good news on that front! (Used for the photos you see below! Yahoo!)
But with the snow finally arriving in Chicago, Tuggs has been getting his goofy “Error 404: Dog Not Found” rolls in the fresh white powder on our daily walks – and yes, Frankie and I do walk our pup as there is some suspicious excrement located SOMEWHERE in our backyard that Tuggs happens to ALWAYS find and roll in…yeah, it’s gross, and after three baths in two weeks, we are walking his silly, fluffy butt outside and avoiding our backyard until there’s enough snow to ensure some protection for the late night let outs…ugh #lifeofadogmom
But anyway, just because it’s cold outside, doesn’t mean our little guy doesn’t enjoy a cool treat, and it’s been AGES since I’ve actually had a moment to whip up a quick treat for him! So today, I made him a frozen banana and peanut butter smoothie (with plain, whole milk yogurt) and he is OBSESSED…though when is he not obsessed about any kind of food that he thinks he might get a piece of! So, for all my puppy fans out there, I have this little delicious nugget for your own fur babies and I hope you’ll take photos of your own puppies going crazy when you make this for him!
Cookie Side Note: I am working on being able to do other custom cookies and I have one set of German Shepherd cookies on the brain for Tuggs’ training group! Can’t wait to get into it!Print
Frozen Peanut Butter & Banana Smoothie Treats
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes-2 hours
- Total Time: 40 minutes - 2 hours 40 minutes
- Yield: 26-48 frozen treats
- 16oz whole-milk, plain yogurt
- 1 bananas
- 1/3 cup of peanut butter
- Ice Cube Tray or Silicone Paw Print Ice Cube Tray
- Cutting Board (if using a silicone ice cube tray)
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into ice cube tray (or paw print silicone tray, or whatever tray you prefer to use)* and freeze.**
- Give to your pooch once frozen and take all the adorable photos and videos and insta it all for the world to see!
- Store your treats in the freezer for up to 2 weeks!
* If using a silicone tray, place them on a cutting board to allow for easy transfer and flat surface for freezing.
** If you have extra smoothie mixture, you can store it in an airtight container in your fridge for about 2 days. I recommend freezing one batch, remove from the molds, and get another batch frozen to ensure maximum storage life.