Sure, there are a ton of ingredients, BUT this is one of the easiest things in the world to make and adjust to your own personal liking. Oh and did I mention this is a HEALTHY meal that is INCREDIBLY filling?! It’s packed full of Asian flavors and you’ll want to eat every last bite in your bowl! Get funky with your toppings!
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together, and marinate pork for at least 30 minutes, but preferably for 24 hours.
- If making Spring Rolls, preheat your oven and prepare according to the package. Also go ahead and cook your vermicelli noodles according to package, straining well, and set aside for later as these should be cool for the bowl later on. You can also get all your other cold ingredients ready for the final assembly, saving the pork for last.
- When you’re ready to make your pork, add 2 Tbsp Oil (olive, avocado, coconut, whatever oil you have on hand) to a medium/large skillet or pan, and heat over medium-high until oil is hot. Dump your pork and marinade into the pan and sear till pork is cooked and marinade has reduced slightly (depending on thickness of pork slices, this could range from 4-5 minutes or 5-6 minutes).
- Assemble your bowls! Lettuce and noodles in the bottom, top with the carrots, cucumber, onion, peanuts and herbs. Top with pork, then spoon the Nuoc Cham sauce over the whole thing to taste. You can also serve the Hoisin and Chili Sauce on the side, or drizzle a little on top!
Bonus Sauce! Cooking Maggie’s Spicy Ginger Dressing – Posted 10/18/2018
This dressing is an added bonus from my recipe remake this week and while I did use the Nuoc Cham as the basis, I started throwing other things together that seemed like it would enhance the dish and wouldn’t you know it…it was AWESOME! ENJOY!!!!
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sweet chili sauce
Instructions: Whisk all ingredients together, then pour on top of noodles and enjoy!