One Pot Chicken & Rice
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes (bite-sized)
- 4 oz ounce package of diced ham/pancetta (depending on what is easier to find at your grocery store)
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (including juice)
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter or oil (olive or grapeseed)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley for serving
- In a large pot or Dutch Oven, melt butter or heat oil over medium heat, then add chicken and cook until no longer pink (about 5-7 minutes). Then add ham, let cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion, pepper, and garlic to the pot, cooking until onion is translucent, then add remaining ingredients except for peas & parsley to the pot, stirring until well mixed. Let pot come to a boil, the turn heat down to low, cover, and let simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- When rice is tender, remove from heat and stir in the green peas. Add salt/pepper to taste, and serve in deep bowls with chopped parsley!