These jalapeno poppers have been consistent favorites at every Christmas party and Potluck I’ve brought them too! No leftovers to boot! So if you’re looking for a great appetizer that’s easy to make and will certainly impress on flavors, this is the recipe for you!
- 8 fresh jalapeños
- 1 container (8 wedges) Laughing Cow White Cheddar Cheese
- 12 slices of bacon (not thick cut)
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Kitchen Gloves
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Put on gloves.
- Slice the jalapeños lengthwise, then de-seed and clean the membranes from the inside using a small paring
- knife or thin edge spoon! Also leave the stems for one half! They’re like little food hats!Using a butter knife (or your gloved finger) and fill each jalapeño half with cheese (I have found that using half of a wedge per jalapeño half is just enough, but you can always get an extra container of cheese wedges just in case). The cheese should be roughly level with the edges of the jalapeño.
- Put toothpicks in 1/4 cup of water. Start to wrap a slice of bacon around each jalapeno half (from top to bottom) and secure bacon end in place with toothpick. Arrange the jalapeños on an aluminum foil covered cookie pan (with lipped edges to prevent bacon grease from dripping into your oven), place in oven for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through. When bacon is just about done, pop them under a broiler for about 5-6 minutes, turning halfway through, for extra crispness (keep in longer for preferred crispiness).
- Serve with Chipotle Ranch Dressing or homemade Chipotle Ma